Last week we talked about accountability and how some thoughtful reflection and self-awareness can help us predict roadblocks that would prevent us from reaching our goals. We asked you to reflect on these roadblocks and how you might address them head-on.
For this month’s challenge, find an accountability partner to check in with. This can be a friend, coach, sibling, parent, or yourself.
An accountability partner is someone that:
- You can trust to keep you on the right path. Let them know your plans, and let them know your progress.
- Speaks your language. i.e. if you need some tough love, that person is always the one that gives it to you straight. (“Get your ass outta bed we’re training!”)
- Has already done what you plan to do, or someone with whom you can find solutions to your roadblocks.
An accountability partner is not:
- Someone that gives into excuses or allows behavior that does not fit the goals that you have set for yourself.
- Responsible for your success or failures, you are.
As always, reward yourself along the way. An “I did it!” text or jot in your journal after a morning workout can be enough. You can always post to our private, member’s only, Facebook group here for a virtual high five from your fellow boxers.